Just like me do you ever think why suddenly the world has switched to all online courses, and why are people preferring it over traditional class room learning?
Online learning is becoming popular by the day more and more people are getting attracted towards online courses, because they are, accessible, one can study it from anywhere and expand their knowledge or pick up a new hobby and most importantly they are affordable, and the overall cost turns out to be way lesser than what one would spend going to a university.
People now have started to look for more affordable and efficient ways to learn new skills, and to cope up with the demand, new online learning platforms are arising.
To explain, an online learning platform is a set of interactive online services that provide trainers, learners, and others who are involved in providing education with information, tools and resources to support and enhance education delivery and management.
It is one of the most famous online course platforms available in the market. It is a cloud based program that enables you to make and sell online courses from your own website, it offers all the essential tools that are required to create and deliver an engaging online course and is super easy to use and has beginner-friendly pricing.
As you start using it, you can purchase additional software's as per your needs.
Podia is one of the dozens of online course platforms present on the internet just like Teachable but the features and prices it had to offers made it very popular in a very short period of time.
It is your all in one storefront which makes building, selling, and managing your online courses and memberships very easy. You can access all its feature by simply paying one fair amount.
While we are at it, let’s view how selling online courses will benefit your business!
Benefits of selling online courses.
- Once you have initially framed out and shot the course, you can sell it as many times as you want and it becomes a great source of passive income.
- Digital courses have the potential to fetch you high-profit margins. Though the cost of making a course and then purchasing its hosting may cost a lot in the beginning, but once the income starts flowing in, even if you deduct the investment costs, you will observe high profits obtained.
- You can sell courses on any topic, it does not specifically need to be the types we studied in school for example, there are online courses of people teaching bongo. Also to make and sell an online course, you do not need to a complete expert, you just need to teach what you know and what’s related to your business, and people will be willing to learn from you.
These features attract many people to study online and even get certifications which equals university degrees by sitting at their homes and saving a lot of money.
Podia vs. Teachable – Which one is better?
- While Podia offers all-in-one course platforms that enable you to sell courses, memberships, and digital downloads to your audience in one simple price. Teachable offers basic hosting for video courses in their plans, other facilities need to be purchased from other integrations which increase the overall cost of hosting.
- Podia offers Unlimited services in their packs that means you can make, host, and sell as many courses you like, as many times you like without any extra cost. Teachable offers almost the same services but with a limit and if you want to do more, you need to pay more.
- Teachable offers to sell your courses through affiliations but you need to pay for them even if they do or do not bring any sales to your business. Podia give you the option to sell both courses and memberships online through affiliations and help you grow your business, also you do not need to pay to your affiliates for their efforts until they make a sale.
- You do not need an additional email marketing software with your Podia account as it enables you to send drip email campaigns to students and subscribers which leads to additional sales. Whereas Teachable does not support drip marketing.
Every program has its own set of Pros and Cons, so let's make a list of it.
Podia Pros & Cons
- Super easy to use and you can get professional-looking storefront up very quickly without any previous experience.
- You can sell both online courses and memberships and even club them both to increase your sales.
- Offers everything you need to start and run your online course and membership business.
- There is no extra charge for email marketing and you can add as many contacts as you need.
- There is no limit to the number of courses and memberships you sell online.
- You can sell your course through affiliations.
- You can face difficulty in completely customizing your page because of limited features. Some elements are set on default.
- You cannot send email sequences because its features are limited. If you need a dedicated marketing campaign then you can use auto-responders like ActiveCampaign.
Teachable Pros & Cons
- Very easy to use and create engaging content for your students fairly quickly.
- Students receive certification upon completion of their courses.
- You can bundle up the courses offered to your students and give them an additional reason to purchase.
- There are free plans available which helps the user to test online course teaching experience.
- It is very easy to use and can be used by people with no experience.
- The free plan is very limited and any additional service needs to be paid for.
- It does not support email responder so you need a separate email marketing software which needs to be paid for.
- To publish your course and make it sellable you need a lot more software besides the basic plans, which will cost extra.
- You can only host an online course, which also comes with video and reach limits. Membership programs are not supported.
Here I’m going to list out key differences between Podia and Teachable.
|Membership Functionality||It comes with the separate membership functionality and you can sell memberships||You need to use subscription functionality to create membership sites for teachable. Also you can’t sell memberships|
|Selling Digital Products||Podia comes with digital product selling||Teachable does not come with digital product delivery. If you want to sell your products you need to subscribe to apps like Samcart or ThriveCart.|
|Drip Campaigns||It has a drip campaign that allows sending emails over a time||It does not come with drip functionality|
|Integrations||Podia has integrations with: Convertkit, mailchimp, drip, AWeber, ActiveCampaign, MailerLite, Zapier||Teachable has integrations with: Google Analytics, SumoMe, Zapier, MailChimp, Segment, Convertkit. Lacks integrations with ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, and MailerLite|
|Course compliance feature||Not Available||Teachable has better course compliance functionalities, with it you can enforce lecture completion, video order, and quiz completion in your online courses|
|Pricing||Starts at 39$ per month with no transaction fee. The plan supports: Unlimited video hosting, Selling memberships, Selling downloads, Live Chat Support and messaging. There is no “free” package in Podia||Starts at 39$ per month with a 5% transaction fee. The basic plan supports limited video hosting but for selling memberships and downloads, you need to purchase different plans. Live chat is not supported. There is a free plan which costs 1$ and 10% transaction fees.|
With thorough market surveys, analyzing all the facilities, costs, features, etc. we can gladly say that podia is proving to be better than Teachable or any online course platform available in the market.
It is simple, cheap, and effective, and these are the reasons which made it gain so much popularity and bring in so many users in such a short period of time. podia truly has everything and more to compete with the market leaders like Teachable.
Hence if you are looking for good value and great features to host your online course and membership programs, podia is the choice for you.
If you like this post, kindly help us spread the word by sharing it with your friends.